Recently I was exposed to the concepts of interior and exterior angles. We learned to very beneficial formula of 180(n-2) for interior angles. In many education environments you take the formula and simply plug in the corresponding numbers. Instead, we took time to process that the subtraction of 2 accounts for the two triangles that can't be formed in the process of triangulation, due to being adjacent sides to a vertex in a polygon. I believe triangulation is extremely beneficial to visual learners who need to visually process the amount of triangles; and thus interior angles, in a given polygon. The concept of interior and exterior angles amounting to a supplementary angle of 180 degrees is also greatly beneficial. Through our recent geometry activities, we have been exposed to a great deal of helpful teaching manipulatives. We were exposed to one technology that enables teachers to guide a powerpoint presentation on students individual tablets. This innovative teaching I thi...

Hi Kyle,
ReplyDeleteYour blog is really nice! I love this post because of the worksheet and how you explain how a pictograph can be useful for experimenting with M&Ms like we did in class. I think this type of experiment would be really fun for kids in a classroom because they can use candy to learn about how to create an experiment that can be done using a pictograph! Great job!
Thank you,
Sammi